The latest information, resources and links will be posted here to assist in providing MSV members and stakeholders with the most relevant and up-to-date information regarding COVID-19.
We’re here to help and support you through the impact of COVID-19. We encourage you to stay in touch with your club and coaches and with your friends and family, so together we can overcome the challenges that come our way. The health and well-being of our members is our priority. Like MSA and other Branches we have created a page to provide updated information and resources to help connect members, clubs, coaches and volunteers in this unique time of change. Information is changing quickly – for the most up-to-date information, including the latest government advice and updates, visit the DHHS website or the Victorian Government’s health alert page.
STAY SAFE & KEEP CONNECTED
Last updated 3/11/2021
MOST CURRENT GUIDELINES FOR RESTRICTIONS
- Victorian Community Sport Re Opening Stakeholder Pack November 2021
- Roadmap Phase C (approved) & CS Plan VicSport Presentation 211108 (1)
- The Victorian Government has outlined further details for the 80 per cent and 90 per cent double dose targets on the Roadmap.
Key dates set out in the updated Roadmap are:
- Friday 29 October: Victoria to reach its 80 per cent double dose vaccination milestone.
- Wednesday 24 November: Victoria is predicted to reach its 90 per cent double dose milestone.
Return to Play Plan
The MSV Management Committee are pleased to be able to share with MSV Clubs our Return to Play Plan.
- Latest exposure sites – keep checking as they are updated regularly
- Where to get tested
- Where to get vaccinated and Vaccine centres
- How far is 15km from your home
- QR Check-in: how to check in with phone (please note you can now see your check-in history and it is deleted after 28 days) click on the little clock icon to the left of the check-in tab
Resources from the Victorian Government and from Community Sport and Recreation
RETURN TO SPORT
- SSAs as well as Associations and Clubs can use this Return to Sport checklist that sets out a range of essential business and operational actions recommended to undertake when considering your organisational return to sport.
- Sport and Recreation Victoria have outlined specific guidance for individual sports to assist community sport and recreation organisations to Return To Play.
Masters Swimming Australia and Branch Resources
- Masters Swimming Australia
- MSA has a whole range of Dryland exercises and resources
- MSWA – Masters Swimming Western Australia
Resources and information more specific to Victoria
- Victorian Government
- Department of Health and Human Services
- VICSPORT *
- Swimming Victoria
- Business Victoria – Business Support Fund
- Victorian Institute of Sport
- Australian Government Department of Health
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Australian Government – DFAT
- The COVIDSafe app speeds up contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). This helps health officials support and protect you, your friends and family. The app is now available from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- ScamWatch – Current COVID-19 Scams
- COVID-19: Cyber security tips when working from home
- Swimming Australia together with ASCTA, AIS, Sport Australia, and Federal and State Governments have released the National Guidelines for Restarting Club Environments with the full support of Masters Swimming Australia.
- Australian Institute of Sport
- Swimming Australia
- ASCTA *
- Play by the Rules *
- Sports Community *
Exercise Programs and Resources
- Funky Trunk Home Workout
- Play by the Rules – how to stay fit and active at home during coronavirus
- AIS – Top 10 Nutrition Tips To Support Immunity
PREVIOUS DOCUMENTS FOR REFERENCE (please note documents regarding the current conditions are at the top of this page)
- Restricted Activity Directions (restricted Areas) (no 18) (1)
- Restricted Activity Directions (regional Victoria) (no 11) (2)
- FAQ’s on Coaching
- 16 Sept 2021 New Freedoms When 70 Per Cent First Dose Target Reached (1)
- 16 Sept 2021 Table Of Restrictions
- 210915 Ballarat To Lock Down For A Week To Slow Virus Spread
- Restricted Activity Directions (Regional Victoria) (No 8) (1)
- Extended Melbourne Lockdown – 16.08.2021 announcement
- Table Of Restrictions – 16.08.2021
- Restricted Activity Directions (No 23) 5 August 2021
- 210809 Restriction Changes (1)210809 Restriction Changes (1)
- Statement on Lifting of the latest Lockdown measures- 27/07/2021 – 27/07/2021
- Table Of Restrictions – 27/07/2021
- 210715 Statement From The Premier 0
- 210715 Table Of Restrictions 0 (2)
- Metro Melb Postcodes Factsheet
- Victorian Roadmap for Sport and Rec – updated 23/11/2020
Letter to the Victorian Government advocating for MSV members
Masters Swimming Australia, Masters Swimming Victoria and the MSA Acting President have written a collaborative letter to the Victorian Premier and MPs advocating for adult swimming groups to resume training under the ‘Return to Play’ guidelines approved by Sport and Recreation Victoria. (20/10/2020)
The letter has been addressed and sent to the following:
- To the Hon. Daniel Andrews, Premier of Victoria
- The Hon. Martin Pakula MP, Minister for Sport
- The Hon. Ros Spence MP, Minister for Community Sport
- The Hon. Martin Foley MP, Minister for Health
- The Hon. James Merlino MP, Deputy Premier, Minister for Mental Health